IDT Belarus is looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer to join our Operations Team.Application Support is the first line of defense in supporting various applications and services in our production environment. The Application Support Engineer works closely with development, QA, System Administration, DBAs, Network Engineers, Product Owners, and commercial/internal customers.The primary responsibility of an Application Support Engineer is the continuous support and maintenance of a wide variety of applications, built on a diverse technology stack including IIS, .NET / Java, and Oracle. Therefore, the Application Support Engineer must be focused, hard-working and self-motivated, with the ability to work across teams and products.
As a part of the Application Support Team you will:
- Analyze and resolve production issues within set SLAs.
- Identify the severity level of the customer-impacting issue & react accordingly.
- Investigate system logs to resolve production issues and restore services.
- Provide RCA for production issues to avoid recurrence.
- Regularly communicate incident/request status to teams/customers impacted.
- Deploy, monitor & troubleshoot new software versions in production.
- Work closely with our development and QA team to address software bugs.
- Identify trends in reported issues, report them and suggest possible solutions.
- Design procedures to eliminate manual processes in the team.
- Investigate and fix data in various databases across a multitude of products.
- Be a part of a 24x7 on-call rotation to provide continuous support.
We would like to see:
- 3-5 years of experience with application support or software development.
- Experience supporting distributed applications on Windows and Linux.
- Experience with IIS Web Server, Tomcat/JBoss and SQL, AWS services.
- Knowledge of Networks, Firewalls, File Shares, Windows, and Linux OS.
- Experience with PL\SQL. Reading / interpreting / executing statements.
- Strong sense of customer focus and proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent problem-solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with a product development or service provider environment.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum / Kanban processes and methods.
- Knowledge of Oracle/MySQL/Mongo databases.
- Good level of English – B1 or higher.
- The working week is Monday through Friday.
- Work hours are flexible depending on the projects/needs of the team.
- No scheduled work on weekends/holidays. However, on-call support is required Monday through Sunday and during holidays (Note: the majority of on-call takes place during the non-sleeping hours in the given timezone).
We offer you:
- Remote work opportunity!
- An exciting and challenging job with talented people around.
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities.
- Really good hardware.
- 26 vacation days & 5 fully covered sick days without sick leave required per year.
- Compensation for professional training, seminars, and conferences.
- Sports activities reimbursement.
- Medical insurance.
- First-class English lessons.
About UsIDT Technologies is a part of IDT Corporation – an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Newark, New Jersey. Today it is an industry leader in prepaid communication and payment services and one of the world's largest international voice carriers. We are listed on the NYSE, employ over 1300 people across 20+ countries, and have revenues over $1.5 billion.Our flagship brand, Boss Revolution, includes Money Transfer, International Calling, and Mobile Top-Up services and supports IDT's mission of enabling people to keep in touch and share resources with family and friends worldwide.It seems like you are interested if you are here, so let's chat!