Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
We are builders. The Logistics team is a group of innovators creating solutions to challenges in the delivery space from resource planning to delivery execution and beyond--and we are growing. We solve complex geospatial data problems and leverage algorithms and statistical analysis for use cases ranging from turn-by-turn navigation to delivery route planning for fleets of thousands of trucks. Our services are at the heart of the operations of our customers’ businesses. We get people, products, and services from start to finish effectively and on time whether it’s delivering people or goods. Our customers are primarily developers, like us. We also sell to more business oriented users and know we have users with multiple needs; as such, we build and ship solutions from data to APIs to SDKs to applications.
What You'll Do
Mapbox is looking for a hands-on, technical manager to lead our Logistics initiatives. You will work closely with product managers to redefine how the world approaches the logistics market. You will be responsible for organizing the team's day-to-day work, developing the people on the team, and making sure everything we work on is driven by customer needs and has an impact on the overall business.
You will accelerate the build out of a portfolio of logistics APIs that span multivariate route optimization, matrix resource matching and location based time-distance mapping that help customers with their planning, resource allocation and strategic location-based decisioning. You are passionate about challenging the status quo, deeply curious about how the world works and thrive on making customers wildly successful through the use of technology. You have experience building complex software solutions in the logistics industry.
We're looking for creative thinkers who are fascinated by what our customers need and where they — and the team — are getting stuck. You like to experiment, but love finishing projects even more. You know how to communicate, collaborate, and think about software as a collective effort. You have an opinion, position and perspective on your customers’ needs and where the market is going. You keep an open mind and welcome debates that surface multiple perspectives. Once a decision is made, you put your personal preferences aside and commit and execute together.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Deliver complex, high-impact projects while providing technical expertise and mentorship to your team
- Operate the team day-to-day and be hands-on in project management
- Manage and develop the team through hiring, retaining, mentoring, and continually building the team’s capabilities
- Drive company, product, and team objectives, carrying your team and relevant stakeholders along in the decision-making
- Develop the long-term business strategy driving the team’s work
- Establish and track operational metrics for data products to ensure the team is delivering products that satisfying customer requirements
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience building and maintaining complex software development projects that process large volumes of data
- Experience with designing and delivering data products, preferably one for location or mapping
- Clear and persuasive communication of complex information to a broad audience, and a commitment to fostering and growing cross-team relationships
- Previous experience building and leading a high-performing team that delivered high-impact and high-value work
- Ability to take on a business ownership role, and be able to ramp up quickly and operate independently
- Experience facilitating work in ways that counteract unconscious bias
- Commitment to recruiting, building, and retaining a diverse engineering team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity