Mapbox powers navigation for people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors, vehicles and phones in real-time. Our navigation software lives in mobile devices, vehicles, trucks, embedded. Whether you are starting your car, watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is within those apps.
What We Do
Mapbox Navigation Native & Vision teams bridge the gap between automotive, mobile and logistics navigation experience. We deliver sophisticated and cross-platform algorithms solving map-matching, navigation and adas problems. Vision is one of the crucial signals we use to improve our maps, sense and digitize road conditions to a form when safety decisions can be made in real time.
What You’ll Do
Joining us as a Machine learning and Data Engineer both, you'll play a key role in developing software/models for detection, recognition, classification of road- and navigation-related features, used for better navigation, deep map enrichment and drivers’ safety. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
- Take ownership, improve, scale and iterate on existing feature generated pipelines
- Design and implement new feature extraction pipelines from open source and proprietary data;
- Collect and monitor technical and business metrics;
- Play a central role in discussing and implementing security best practices.
- Good knowledge Python, Software Engineering background (in any programming language) will be a plus;
- Comfortable with SQL;
- Hands-on experience with Spark / PySpark / MapReduce / ...;
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Machine Learning / Data Science;
- Basic understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem;
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow / Oozie / Luigi / Prefect / ...);
- Experience with AWS services, in particular S3, EC2, IAM, EMR, Glue, Athena, Kinesis;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- C++ is a plus!
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We value transparent, in-depth communication. Strong culture of open debate, decide, and commit. We value deeply understand problems and solving them at the root.
- We value the spirit of entrepreneurship, action-orientation, and fast moving ethos.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions including remote work, good salary, a really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity