CactusSoft is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer with Node.js background. In this role, you will work as a part of a big distributed team developing products for ship-management companies: any operations that they need to do in the daily working process (crewing, procurement processes, accounting, paying salaries to the crew etc).
From the very start, you will lead the team consisting of 3-4 senior developers located in Belarus and collaborate closely with the Israeli colleagues to sync on the process improvement and development of new functionality.
Your area of responsibility
- Become the technical focal point for the development efforts of an agile team and group alongside hands-on development.
- Work as part of the team in order to ensure successful task delivery and provide solutions for business needs both in the short and the long term.
- Provide technical leadership by coaching and mentoring team members.
- Verify and maintain a high level of development and delivery standards for your team as defined by the group’s policies.
What we expect
- 5+ years of software development experience (mainly backend or full-stack development).
- Experience as a designer/architect of large-scale and high-performance distributed systems based on cloud computing infrastructure.
- 3+ years of development and design experience with Node.js.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases.
- Practical experience with microservices architecture and event-based systems.
- Familiarity with OOP design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven and works well with minimal supervision as part of a diverse team.
- Intermediate+ level of English.
- Experience working with international technical managers and colleagues.
- Willingness to gradually become full-stack (Node.js+Angular) while still maintaining a focus on backend development.
Will be a plus
A person cannot be an expert on everything, but if you have experience with one or more of the following, it can be an advantage for you and your team:
- Hands-on experience with AWS and its services.
- Comfortable working with Linux as a production environment.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Practical experience with one or more of the following: performance analysis and optimizations, relational databases, REST API design, data streaming and additional cloud platforms.
To ensure your comfortable working environment we offer:
- Flexible working hours (you can start your working day any time till 11am).
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Work-related courses, certifications and books (we have our own corporate library).
- Medical insurance.
- English classes several times a week.
- Profit-sharing bonus which is paid yearly.
- Good office location in a quiet city center.
- Comfortable workplace, break rooms and kitchen.
- Corporate parties and team-building events.