Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
About the Product
We’re developing from scratch a web platform that automates analysis and further processing of customer financial information when submitting a request for a mortgage. From a customer perspective, the platform is a mortgage offer aggregator that allows users to upload all financial documents and get information at what conditions they could get a mortgage from multiple providers, compare and choose the best deal. From a business perspective, this is an end-to-end business management system with both customer and internal personnel administrative apps and a sophisticated backend with 3rd party integrations. Architecturally, the platform contains multiple components, such as consumer web application, business administration application, agents portal, CRM system, documents processing, IP-telephony, integrations with multiple engines to automate financial calculations.
As a QA Owner you will have the opportunity to head the team of QA’s working across multiple products within the platform. Here you will design, implement and lead a full set of QA practices, both manual and automation, that guarantees quality artifacts will be released to production for each platform deliverable. This is a high impact and high autonomy role that assumes tight integration will be built between QA, product and development teams and improve their joint way of working. This role gives the opportunity to master professional skills in QA management and grow into the next level of expertise.
About the Team
The entire team is international and distributed across Belarus, Ukraine and the United States. The engineering team consists of several Feature Teams working on the product functionality, Integration, Telephony, DevOps and core Test Automation teams. Teams use Azure DevOps to manage their backlog and to prioritize work items. Meetings and interpersonal communication run via Slack and Google Meet. We’re following the Scrum process and practice Agile Way of Working in close, day-to-day collaboration with each other.
Technologies and Tools
Frontend - React.js (hooks), Redux (redux-toolkit), TypeScript, Vanilla JS, Formik, Material-UI, styled-components
Backend - Core, EF Core, Azure App Service, Azure Functions
Databases - Azure SQL
Repository - GitHub
Tools - Azure DevOps, Postman
- Evaluate existing QA processes and suggest improvements
- Drive the full cycle of product testing (functional, regression testing, integration, smoke, performance, end-to-end, UI and API-level etc.)
- Analyze the new solutions impact and suggest appropriate testing methods
- Identify and help solve challenges in the development pipeline
- Lead QA team to maximum automate tests as part of existing CI/CD process
- Develop internal QA talents and ensure engineers potential is identified and encouraged
- Mentor software engineers and QA engineers in QA processes and best practices
- Introduce product quality measurements
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, robustness, etc.
- Hire, train, and supervise QA staff
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 years in a QA leadership position, strong ability to lead a QA team of 4-6 specialists
- Strong in Planning and adjusting the existing process
- Solid communicator, strong people management skills, ability to challenge and develop talent
- Understanding of project management and testing methodology
- Experience in testing Web applications, high-load systems (desirable)
- Strong in Functional, Integration, Performance and Regression testing
- Knowledge of Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Intermediate English level or higher, ability to freely communicate at meetings
Nice to have
- Demonstrated expertise validating and verifying fault tolerant, low latency distributed systems at scale in a cloud utility stack (such as Azure)
- Simplicity is your goal – even when it takes more work to achieve that goal
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Social and corporate events
- Possibility for career development
- Participation in professional trainings, meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
Join us and be a part of our team!