IDT is looking for a rock star Database Engineer to join the Database Services Team, responsible for the support of all our products.
We expect self-motivated professionals, ready to work in a team environment and be able to define, plan and implement long-term goals and tasks. If you are highly motivated, ambitious, and ready to make a direct impact, this is your opportunity!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with developers for designing database objects and SQL queries;
- Software installation;
- Upgrading and patching DB systems;
- Making database schema changes;
- Managing database replication;
- Backup and recovery;
- DBA on-call rotation schedule (once a week).
We expect you to have:
- A minimum of 6-8 years of DBA experience.
- In-depth experience with Oracle / MongoDB / MS SQL / MySQL databases.
- Experience with databases hosted on Linux.
- Database architecture and high availability solutions.
- Amazon RDS platform.
- Troubleshooting application issues and database object design.
- Good level of English – B1 or higher.
It would be a nice bonus to have:
- Prior experience with System/Network administration.
- Experience with PostgreSQL/Cassandra.
We are happy to offer you:
- An exciting and challenging job and talented people around.
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities.
- Modern office with free parking in the very center of Minsk.
- Remote work opportunity!
- 26 vacation days & 5 fully covered sick days without sick leave required per year.
- Compensation for professional training, seminars, and conferences.
- Sports activities reimbursement.
- Medical insurance.
- Superb corporate English lessons.
IDT Belarus is based in Minsk and registered in Hi-Tech Park. It is a part of IDT Corporation, an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in New Jersey.
IDT is an industry leader in prepaid communication and payment services and one of the world's largest international voice carriers. We are listed on the NYSE, employ over 1500 people across 20+ countries, and have revenues in excess of $1.6 billion.