At Indy, our mission is to empower freelancers to manage their independent business through powerful online marketing, workflow, and payment tools.
We are seeking a middle Node.js Backend Engineer, motivated by a strong software engineering culture. Our tight-knit, high-performance engineering team is responsible for developing and strengthening the app that allows independent professionals to connect and collaborate with a diverse network of potential customers and other talented professionals.
The Node.js Backend Engineer will be working with one of our multi-functional Scrum teams to help build our product on the backend side.
In this role, you’ll
- Build advanced backends for web/mobile/cloud applications in an Agile process
- Work on backend API and unit and integration tests
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Collaborate with front end developers for efficient integration
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience with at least one of the popular Node.js frameworks/libraries, preferably LoopBack, Nest.
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases (we use MongoDB)
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working in Agile environment
- English B1+
- Experience with AWS, AWS SQS, Apache Kafka
- Docker Swarm, Kubernetes container orchestration experience
- Understanding of software architecture and communication protocols – microservices, REST
- Unix/Linux shell scripting skills
What we offer
- Fully remote or hybrid working environment
- Health insurance
- Learning opportunities: access to O’Reilly platform and any courses that you’d like to do for your professional development
- Work with international team of professionals, passionate about the product they create
- Online (offline if possible) get-togethers and team-building activities
- Growth opportunities within the company
- Company equipment (MacBook)