IDT Technologies is seeking an experienced Senior or Lead Java Software Engineer to join our Team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive the development of our Awards2Go gift cards platform. We have some ambitious goals for the next 12 months which include new services development, upgrading existing ones, and fixing a lot of technical debt (migration to AWS and architectural changes).
You will have an opportunity to:
- LEAD: Technically guide and lead the scrum team on both new features development and bug fixes;
- or SENIOR: Contribute to scrum team's success on both new features development and bug fixes;
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and take active participation in all scrum events;
- Demonstrate your technology-agnostic positive attitude with the ability to learn and desire to implement solutions using various and new technologies (e.g., C#, Go, Java, JS, C++, Dart, Kotlin);
- Work on high-performing, mission-critical, scalable, and resilient web-based applications and services;
- Works closely with Amazon Web Services, develop and maintain infrastructure automation and CI/CD pipelines using AWS CDK and Kubernates;
- Drive aggressive reduction of technical debt in close collaboration with developers and automation test engineers;
- Participate in hiring new developers as a technical interviewer.
The skillset we are looking for:
- Experience in the full cycle of development from implementation to prod deployment and support;
- Experience in building scalable and highly-available system architectures;
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience total;
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with Java;
- Some hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Deep knowledge in Java web applications development and hands-on experience with Tomcat and Spring Framework;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, or similar;
- Hands-on experience with Maven, Git, Docker, and Linux;
- Good level of English – B1 or higher.
We would also like to see:
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms;
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD pipelines creation;
- Knowledge of some other high-level programming languages like C#, C++, Go;
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them.
We are pleased to offer you:
- An exciting and challenging job and talented people around.
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities.
- Modern office with free parking in the very center of Minsk.
- Remote work opportunity!
- 26 vacation days & 5 fully covered sick days without sick leave required per year.
- Compensation for professional training, seminars, and conferences.
- Sports activities reimbursement.
- Medical insurance.
- Superb corporate English lessons.
Few words about us:
IDT Belarus is a part of IDT Corporation – an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in New Jersey. We are industry leaders in prepaid communication and payment services and one of the world's largest international voice carriers. IDT is listed on the NYSE, employs over 1600 people across 20+ countries, and has revenues of over $1.5 billion.
We are not ”another big IT corporation” – we encourage and support any in-house entrepreneurs to develop their ideas into business action.
Awards2Go provides businesses with the highest quality custom prepaid Visa cards that can be used to reward, thank and congratulate employees, customers and partners.
If you are here, seems like you are really interested, so let’s chat!