Great software does not happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft, and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
We are looking for a Product Owner.
Who you are
You are a well-organized, pragmatic IT professional, with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to deliver awesome value to our customers by building software products that address important problems. You are flexible, thrive in a fast-paced environment, are well-versed in application software development, and have experience in Product Management (or are a software engineer with the skills and desire to make the transition to Product Management). As a Product Owner, you will be leading product delivery for key clients.
What we offer
Opportunity to be an integral part of a growing product management practice that is refining agile excellence at scale. We work with some of the leading companies in America (primarily) and worldwide. This is an entry-level product owner position, requiring 5+ years of application software development experience, and is well suited for new product owners (3+ years software experience and at least 2 years product owner experience), as well as software engineers (especially QA engineers) or smart, the technical customer support people who want to make the transition to product management. We will provide on-the-job and formal training, and you will be working with a group of exceptional product owners and product managers, with defined opportunities for career growth. The team is led by a product management executive who wins by developing exceptional teams. He has over 20 years of experience bringing new-to-the-world SaaS, mobile, and analytics products to market (responsible for over $500 million in new revenue streams). He also co-created the popular Kellogg MBA course, “Product Management for Technology Companies”: the frameworks and best practices from which you will be using (and improving upon!).
- Communicate and frame customer problems clearly for the team, including writing user stories, story maps, building flowcharts and use cases
- Manage product backlogs - you will create and manage the backlog items
- Help the teams create project documentation and keep it up to date
- Perform user acceptance testing to ensure the quality of delivered solutions
- Manage client expectations, via organized product planning frameworks (roadmap, story maps, etc) and regular status updates
What kind of person you are
- Curious and always asking the question “why are we doing this?”
- Hands-on. You are quick to try new apps and tools, to figure out how they work, what you like - and what you’d change to improve it
- Excellent communicator; able to interpret, dissect and relay key information
- Ability to solve problems and work effectively under pressure
- Have a strong interest in technology trends and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner for application SaaS and/or mobile software, or software engineering experience (particularly QA engineering) and willingness to learn
- Experience leading cross-functional teams from ideation to launch
- Experience working in an Agile environment, Scrum preferred
- Experience writing user stories
- Good English and communication skills
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- Experience managing product backlog for multiple Scrum teams
- Experience with troubleshooting Production issues and coming up with quick solutions and workarounds
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Social and corporate events
- Possibility for career development
- Participation in professional trainings, meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
Join us and be a part of our team!