CactusSoft is a software development company, providing full-cycle services for the European market. More than 170 companies increased business productivity using solutions developed by CactusSoft programmers. The company has been regularly included in the listings of the best software development companies in Belgium and Europe.
Currently we are looking for a Back-end Engineering Manager to lead our highly experienced back-end team. You will play a meaningful role in growing and developing the engineers into a healthy and high-performing team, continuously improving our engineering practices, and delivering state-of-the-art technology while keeping it fun. As a result, you will have a direct and measurable impact on the future growth of CactusSoft!
Your area of responsibility:
- Manage the back-end department consisting of Java, PHP, .NET, Python developers.
- Translate the company's strategy into operations.
- Define individual goals and monitor the performance of the back-end team, hold regular 1:1's with all members of your team.
- Act as a point of communication & support for the back-end team.
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience, follow-up personal development.
- Conduct code reviews, make technical contributions to product architecture as well as get involved in solving bugs and delivering small features in case of emergency on the projects.
- Collaborate on resource planning, project delivery & customer centricity.
- Coordinate the hiring process for the back-end team, interview candidates.
- Improve the company's processes together with the management team.
- 5+ years of software development experience including team lead or management responsibilities.
- Deep knowledge of Java.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies, standards and protocols.
- Experience with different SQL/NoSQL, queues/message buses.
- Overall understanding of system security principles, protocols and application.
- Experience and good understanding of CI/CD processes.
- At least basic knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Experience with different cloud providers & applications.
- Experience in architecture development and technical documentation.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English (or higher).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in preparing and making presentations.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to plan and prioritize.
Will be a plus:
- Experience in managing distributed teams.
- Experience with PHP, .NET or Python.
To ensure your comfortable working environment we also offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Work-related courses, certifications and books (we have our own corporate library).
- Health insurance.
- English classes several times a week.
- Good office location in a quiet city center.
- Comfortable workplace, break rooms and kitchen.
- Corporate parties and team-building events.