CactusSoft is a software development company, providing full-cycle services for the European market. More than 170 companies increased business productivity using solutions developed by CactusSoft programmers. The company has been regularly included in the listings of the best software development companies in Belgium and Europe.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced Senior C++ Engineer who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. The product developed by our client provides next-generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. It creates significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers/resellers, and for corporate networking professionals.
As our Senior C++ Engineer, you will:
- Translate various requirements of satellite telecommunication systems into architectures.
- Be involved in the complete development cycle: analysis design, coding, test automation and bug fixing.
- Follow up whether the implementation is in line with the original defined architecture and requirements.
- Document the architecture, code, solutions and test cases.
- Work closely with our embedded developers, Linux system engineers, quality assurance and customer support engineers.
- Aspire towards a thorough understanding of satellite communication technologies and components.
We expect that you:
- Hold a Master’s degree in Engineering (Computer Sciences, Telecommunication,...).
- Have development experience in C and C++ (11 to 17).
- Can put common software design knowledge into practice: modular/OO (Object Oriented) programming, reusability, unit tests, continuous integration, UML, code refactoring.
- Master at least one of the following tools/technologies:
- Telecommunication systems and concepts
- IP and related protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc)
- Linux containers (LXC)
- Have Upper-Intermediate+ level of English.
- Can explain a defined architecture and work on an abstract and conceptual level.
Once on board you will:
- Be part of the growing “device software engineering” team .
- Be free to choose your IDE, in a team that runs mainly on Ubuntu, uses GCC as their toolchain and both GIT and SVN as their version control systems.
- Be working on various satellite related high-performance controlling applications and on devices ranging from consumer satellite modems to high-end modulators and demodulators.
- Work in a modern C++ environment using new language features.
- Be a member of a passionate global family that values openness and a can-do mentality.
- Take pride in enabling internet connectivity to the world (from schoolchildren in remote areas to in-flight Wi-Fi).
To ensure your comfortable working environment we offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Work-related courses, certifications and books (we have our own corporate library).
- Health insurance.
- English classes several times a week.
- Good office location in a quiet city centre.
- Comfortable workplace, break rooms and kitchen.
- Corporate parties and team building events.