CactusSoft is a software development company, providing full-cycle services for the European market. More than 170 companies increased business productivity using solutions developed by CactusSoft programmers. The company has been regularly included in the listings of the best software development companies in Belgium and Europe.
Currently we are expanding our team and looking for a Senior C++ Developer.
You will work with the product which is a market leader in communication and information systems for hospitals, nursing homes and psychiatric centres. We are active in a rapidly expanding healthcare market and are looking for extra developers to speed up our development.
As a Senior Embedded Software Developer, you will have an important role in the further development of our new generation care communication system. Thanks to your efforts we can make sure that patients get the help they need. Your work will affect tens of thousands of patients daily, as well as the nurses taking care of them.
- Develop new functionality based on product requirements and defined architecture.
- Develop for both embedded Linux and bare metal devices.
- Contribute and review design choices in cooperation with the software architect.
- Deliver software according to the quality standard defined by the team.
- Contribute as a key person in the AGILE methodology.
- Focus on getting all sprint tasks done by the end of the sprint together with the team.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience as embedded C++ software engineer (C++ 14 minimum).
- Experience working with embedded Linux OS.
- Unit testing experience.
- Experience with developing for microcontrollers with limited resources.
Nice to have
- Experience with Yocto.
- Experience with CAN bus, CANOpen protocol.
- Experience with Google Test.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
To ensure your comfortable working environment we offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Work-related courses, certifications and books (we have our own corporate library).
- Health insurance.
- English classes several times a week.
- Good office location in a quiet city centre.
- Comfortable workplace, break rooms and kitchen.
- Corporate parties and team building events.