N-able is seeking a Technical Test Lead to come join us on our exciting journey of growth! Our vision is to enable the digital evolution of small and medium size businesses. We believe that by putting our People, Partners and Products first that we will be able to continue the growth of our business.
You will join our team and work on N-able Backup product. You are to work in the international team that develops Disaster Recovery services. Solution comprises RESTful microservices written in Python 3. We widely use type hinting, auto- and unit-tests, code review to increase code quality, dynamic REST features and JSON API specification to empower our API. Django and AIOHTTP are the major frameworks that are leveraged to build our services.
We deploy our solution to Amazon Kubernetes. Other AWS services like KMS, RDS, EC2, etc are widely used as well. Several DB engines such as MySQL, SQLite and Amazon Aurora support our storage needs.
There is a web-based UI, developed in Angular, that allows managing thousands of backed-up devices, adjusting their configuration, displaying recovery statistics in a form of tables and charts. Our services act as a backend for that UI.
We are looking for a self-motivated, result-driven person with good communication skills and the ability to quickly learn and work under minimal supervision in a distributed team.
- Participate in all aspects of QA product lifecycle: understand the product requirements, test cases creation, feature/regression/integration/end-to-end test execution
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify existing test cases if test requirements change
- Find, precisely describe, reproduce and rate defects
- Communicate statuses and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Maintain testing documentation
- Writes all types of automated tests including libraries
- Implements cost-effective tests on proper automation pyramid level
- Understands test automation principles, architecture, and management
- Participate in automated tests development
- Mentor all engineering team members regarding testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Solid understanding of development process
- Experience with *NIX operating systems
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with API testing best practices
- Experience in writing code in any programming language
- Ability to design, implement auto-tests from scratch for the new functionality
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Familiarity with Cloud Native approach
- Experience in Python 3.x development
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
Forward Together: Drive Innovation with N-able. N-able supports IT solutions providers with the performance, protection, and partnership to drive their clients and their business forward. N-able is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Our award-winning product suite includes the industry’s #1 RMM Service Automation Platform and has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardize and automate the setup and delivery of IT services to achieve true scalability. We are passionate that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier.