Specific-Group Software Solutions develops custom software solutions for corporate clients in Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovakia and USA. For doing this we have sales and service divisions in the local markets and development centers in Belarus (Minsk and Grodno) and Lithuania (Vilnius).Currently we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our distributed team located in Vienna, Vilnius and Minsk.
Partner description: One of the leading retail bank & #1 digital bank in Austria with more than 2.5 million customers and multi-brand network, 72% customer loans in Austria & Germany and solid ratings. Focused on public, corporate, real estate lending, mortgages, consumer loans, auto leasing factoring, and SME lending in DACH region.
The main goal is to build a state-of-the-art banking architecture with an open-source based, scalable, flexible and data-driven technology stack, including omni-channel front-end, micro service architecture, process orchestration tool, data-centric platform.
Project description: The project is about data migration from the existing Oracle 11 DB on premise to Snowflake cloud warehouse. Our Client constantly concludes contracts with new financial organizations which data also have to be integrated into a cloud solution. Currently there are 3 main ways to integrate data to Snowflake cloud warehouse: Azure Data Factory, Matillion, Apache Airflow.
- Support, fixing of existing PL/SQL scripts
- Participation in meetings with stakeholders about technical solutions and architecture
- Implementation of new requirements for banks (e.g. government is sometimes introducing new periodic reporting and expects data in specific formats etc.)
- Analysis of existing code and re-implementation of same logic in Snowflake
- Data migration from existing data sources to Snowflake
- Create, support ETL/ELT pipelines
- Implementation of new logic for data transformation
- Support team members with mentoring/knowledge sharing
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Expert knowledge of Oracle database (v12) and SQL
- Experience with ETL/ELT/Data migration
- Experience with Snowflake cloud warehouse
- Cloud platforms, Azure is preferable (ADF, Storage account etc.)
- Version Control System (GitHub, GitLab etc.)
- Experience with DWH databases and data preparation for reporting
- Microservices architecture, distributed systems
- CI/CD (Gradle, Gitlab, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)