Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
Forte Group has an open position for a Java Team Lead who will be responsible for leading a team developing Java backend for telehealth system. Your team will be a part of an international project.
The application is an interactive video-rich communications platform for scheduling telehealth visits and empowering patients in acute and post-acute care settings. Today's most configurable and personalized telehealth experience, serving leading-edge health systems worldwide.
The backend part is a multi-node AWS hosted SpringBoot application. Data is kept in Elastic and MySQL. Hazelcast is used as a distributed cache.
Team structure and Workflow
Team members use Jira to manage the backlog and to prioritize work items. The team works in 2-week sprints. Communication mainly consists of typical Scrum meetings - daily stand-ups, planning, retrospective, and interpersonal communication. We use Slack and Webex Teams as online communication tools.
Technologies and Tools
Programming language - Java 11
Frameworks - Spring Boot, Hibernate, JUnit5
Caching - Hazelcast
Data storage - Elastic, MySQL
Repository - Bitbucket
Tools - Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Intellij IDEA, Docker
As a Leader:
- Ensure transparency of the development team workload and priorities, retain team focus on continually delivering business value
- Ensure Scrum process runs smoothly, communicate and help to resolve impediments
- Ensure features are correctly estimated and released to the agreed deadlines and changes are communicated reasonably in advance
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members, help them grow professionally as well as develop personal qualities, e.g. communication skills
- Practice regular 1-2-1s with team members
As a Senior Engineer:
- Provide architectural solutions suitable for the existing application
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with team members to produce thoughtful software
- Provide accurate estimates on work items
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews
- Implement Unit testing for robustness, including edge cases and general reliability
- Facilitate engineering operation process to ensure high-quality software solutions delivering an engineering excellence
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience with small teams that move fast - all members are expected to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- Strong knowledge of Java Core
- Experience with ELK stack
- Extensive experience working with Spring, Hibernate
- SQL, understanding of relational data modeling
- Strong knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- Upper-intermediate English level
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Social and corporate events
- Possibility for career development
- Participation in professional trainings, meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
Join us and be a part of our team!