Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
We are looking for a talented Android Engineer to enrich our team of professionals.
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top-down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an Android engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App using the latest technologies
- Build compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Collaborate with engineers cross-functionally as well as the product and design team(s) to influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder’s App and services
- Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data scientist team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate and learn with innovative and passionate team members
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience building consumer facing applications with native Android
- Significant experience using Kotlin in a professional environment
- Well versed in popular architecture patterns such as MVVM, Clean, MVP etc.
- Understanding of the Android lifecycle for Activities & Fragments
- Experience using RecyclerView to create lists
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an Agile environment (scrum, planning poker, standup, etc.)
- Knowledge of the value of Dependency Injection frameworks such as Dagger
- Proficient in RxJava and kotlin coroutines/flow
- Proficiency writing your own unit tests
- Clear and solutions-oriented communication style with a passion for code quality
- Experience creating custom views
- Proficient in consuming REST/JSON APIs with Retrofit
- Experience designing and architecting full-stack applications, including API design and UI wireframing
- Knowledge of A/B testing tools (Firebase/Leanplum etc.)
- Experience creating custom animations that bring your views to life using SDK tools like Animator and MotionLayout
- Experience building user-facing features with modern Android UI tools, such as view binding or jetpack compose
- A BS or MS in Computer Science is amazing but not required; proficiency in modern android technologies and principles is what matters most
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Participation in professional trainings and meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage (including AllSports card)
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Forte Group loyalty card
Join us and be a part of our team!