Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
As a PHP Developer, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team of developers working on applications to collect, manage, and enrich the client's product information, create a product catalog, and distribute it to the client's sales and eCommerce channels, and manage complex manufacturing operations.
Our client works with hundreds of leading artists to curate a deep selection for all styles of art — helping people across the globe find art they will love.
Team structure and Workflow
The team is integrated and allocated in Minsk, Ternopil, and Chicago. Team members use Jira to generate backlog and to prioritize items. There is basic documentation on the project in Confluence. The team follows Kanban processes. Communication mainly consists of daily meetings and interpersonal communication via Skype for Business and Google Chat.
Technologies and Tools
Backend - PHP7.4+, Symfony 4.x, Symfony 5.x, Prestashop CMS, AWS (EC2, SQS, S3, RDS, Elasticsearch), NetSuite
Frontend - JS, jQuery, Backbone, Underscore, Bootstrap framework
Databases - MySQL8
Testing Tools - Codeception
Repository - GitHub
Tools - Jira, Vagrant/Docker
- Developing/extending/supporting Product Catalog System that is based on Symfony Framework
- Development of sister web-applications sharing the same catalog but targeted towards other customer segments, with unique features such as B2B vendor portal, collateral library, custom image collections (e.g. lightboxes)
- Developing/extending/supporting inventory web-application, that is with NetSuite ERP system
- Custom data feeds and API development to facilitate data exchange with the ERP system and marketing vendors
- Developing/extending/supporting a cutting-edge ecommerce website that is based on the PrestaShop platform with responsive design and advanced features such as product configurator, customer-submitted artwork and advanced image filtering capabilities
- Facilitate engineering operation process to ensure high-quality software solutions concerning engineering excellence
- Be proactive and propose thoughtful decisions
- 2 - 3 years of proven commercial experience with PHP on large projects
- Experience with Symfony/Laravel/Yii or other PHP frameworks
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, SQS, S3, RDS)
- Experience with Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch + Kibana)
- Knowledge of Vagrant/Docker is a plus
- Ability to architecture code to achieve business needs (i.e. balance between hacking and over-engineering)
- Having a strong feeling of responsibility for the work product and desire to develop high quality solutions
- Being an effective team player with good communication skills
- Fresh ideas and diversity in style and approach
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Participation in professional trainings and meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage (including AllSports card)
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Forte Group loyalty card
Join us and be a part of our team!