Spiral Scout is a full-service software development company based in San Francisco, with offices in Belarus, Poland, Ukraine, and remote employees all over the globe.
Our custom software solutions are used by 168 of the top 200 Forbes Global companies and we have 4.9 out of 5-star ratings on Clutch.co.
As a company, we’re proud to actively support and contribute to the open-source software community. Our Spiral Framework, RoadRunner and Cycle ORM are used by millions of people each day. We are looking to build our team with curious, passionate, and intelligent problem-solvers that take ownership of their work and are great teammates to work with.
Once you are a part of our team, you’ll enjoy a well-balanced work and life routine through initiatives like our Friyay policy - which provides everyone in the company with alternating paid Friday’s off. Please reach out if you feel your values and work ethic match what we are looking for and you feel excited about growing your career with us.
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to work on the manual testing activities around several projects in the Support Team and leading and growing QA team.
What You'll Do:
- Manual testing activities on the projects that are currently in the pipeline as well as projects that will arrive to the team for maintenance;
- Close cooperation with the dev team and the clients;
- Participating in planning and control of the ongoing activities;
- Analysis of the requirements, preparing specifications (rare cases);
- Test documentation development (check-lists, test-cases);
- Reports and closure activities;
- Leading and growing QA team (tutoring, mentoring, coaching).
What We'd Like To See:
- 3+ years of practical experience in QA;
- Upper-Intermediate level of English;
- Good theoretical knowledge about testing approaches, techniques and levels;
- Ability to cope with complex technical issues/tasks, unclear requirements, complex business logic and integrations, legacy projects, fast project changes;
- Good understanding and practical experience with a various number of test documents (test plan, check-lists, test-cases and etc);
- Ability to search/find the root cause of issues, ability to find hidden dependencies in the well-known applications, finds valid defects related to business logic even if new to application;
- Ability to analyze the results of own work;
- Ability to build a report based on a template, independently, with suggestions for improvements, and so on. Bug reports and so on;
- A wealth of knowledge about mobile platforms and OSs specific, understanding of mobile ecosystem and be able to adapt it for the real project; practical experience in compatibility testing;
- Theoretical knowledge of Network and Internet technologies fundamentals (Internet Protocols/ HTTP response codes, Network Topologies and Protocols, HTML fundamentals, CSS basics);
- Practical experience on projects with Agile process, participates and understands outcomes from retrospective, planning and grooming meetings are nice to have.
Our offer and social benefits package:
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Every other Friday is a paid day off from work;
- Additional 3 sick days off;
- 25 calendar days of vacation;
- Healthcare insurance;
- Sport compensation;
- English classes;
- We pay for job-related courses, conferences, and seminars you'd like to attend;
- Regular performance reviews and salary increases based on performance.
We also provide the following:
- Flexible work hours;
- Remote work;
- Family atmosphere;
- Holiday and birthday gifts;
- Employee’s professional and personal development.