Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world,accessing, aggregating,and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones inreal-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the nextfrontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order onInstacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoringyour gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapboxis the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mappingthe world.
You will be working along the strong team of C++ and Android engineers developing VisionSDK — a modular platform for fleet management, ADAS, and augmented reality.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer at Mapbox team, you will be responsible for the product developmentfor a self-driving car. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
- Designing and implementing new features;
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power hardware devices;
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard library;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary forMapbox leaders:
We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems andopportunities.
We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this throughsupportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life,and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with thetools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people ofall backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-USPrivacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you toprovide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory forMapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/GenderIdentity