Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated .NET Developer to create web applications. The role is responsible for all the software development lifecycle functions (requirements gathering, planning, development, deployment, and testing) involving new development projects as well as enhancements to existing software platforms.
Forte team works on several AbleCommerce projects that are versatile shopping cart systems capable of handling any size store or product type (mainly branded products like baseball caps, sweatshirt, notepads, flyers, etc.).
Our team develops web applications that allow merchants have secure and complete online administration of their store (admin entire store online, powerful order, shipment, and payment management, recurring orders – AutoShip subscriptions, integration with payment, shipping and tax gateways). Specialty of these projects is the limited user segment, that’s why the main goal is to improve functionality of applications and customize options for the client needs.
Team structure and Workflow
The team is integrated and allocated in Minsk, Ternopil, Odessa and Chicago. Team members use Jira to generate backlog and to prioritize items. There is basic documentation on the project. Communication mainly consists of daily meetings and interpersonal communication via Skype for Business.
Technologies and Tools
Backend - C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET MVC Web API, Entity Framework, NHibernate
Database - MS SQL
Repository - TFS
Tools - Jira, SharePoint
- Design and develop software applications
- Provide accurate estimates on work items
- Follow engineering operation process to ensure high-quality software solutions concerning engineering excellence
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
Qualifications and Skills
- Good understanding of object-oriented development, use of design patterns
- Strong database design skills, e.g. ability to write queries, stored procedures, and views and to recommend when new tables/fields are required
- Knowledge and participation of all stages of the SDLC processes (reading requirements, understanding test plans, and accustomed to multiple environments)
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities quickly handling multiple projects simultaneously and be innovative where needed
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management
- Intermediate English level or higher
- Static Code Analysis
- Code Review
Nice to have
- Web Services (REST/SOAP/WCF)
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Participation in professional trainings and meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage (including AllSports card)
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Forte Group loyalty card
Join us and be a part of our team!