Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
Forte is looking for an Engineering Support / Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead to manage a team of engineers that support reliability of the production environments of the highly-loaded critical business application that operates 24/7 for one of our key clients in the US.
You will be leading a distributed team across locations and continents – Belarus/Ukraine and the United States. The Eastern European team is the major part of it, the US team is smaller and covers during the night time. Overseas team distribution required to make sure the production support is provided 24/7 via 3x 8h continuous shifts and in order to address legal constraints to access the production data.
It’s a great opportunity for you to get experience working in a multi-cultural Agile environment in a friendly team with professional colleagues and managers, having direct communication with the client, in the financial domain, to enhance your leadership skills, practice English communication and work in the international environment with a globally renowned customer!
Our motto: Know about issues in production before customers experience it!Our approach: 100% reliability and maximum automation.
- Act as a Technical Product Owner and manage engineering backlog for the team (SRE, software development, bug fixing activities)
- Manage 24/5 Online + Weekend On-call production environments support with the team of engineers located in East Europe and North America
- Make sure the team operates smooth on a day-to-day basis and responds to the production issues according to the committed SLA
- Make sure the team has optimal rotation schedule that guarantees reliable coverage during peak load hours and reasonable coverage during less loaded periods
- Make sure the team is constantly learning, increases self-efficiency and improving its tools and approaches to provide reliable high-quality support services
- Make sure the team is reasonably utilized and spending it’s incident-free capacity on engineering tasks, software development, bug fixing, software reliability engineering (SRE), in addition to support duties
- Help each member of the team to meet professional challenges, provide feedback on gaps that require improvements, advice on best approaches to work, maintain 1:1 sessions
- Provide technical excellence and leadership on the team to ensure service-oriented mindset and quality-first culture are fostered within the team
- Share knowledge with the other teams (and beyond), help advance software reliability culture through presentations and other social initiatives
- Experience in Support or Operations team or service
- Experience of problem solving under time pressure
- Experience of communication across multiple teams / groups
- Experience leading a team
- Experience working in multicultural environment would be a plus
- Experience in application development with C#/.NET, Angular/React
- Experience with automatic monitoring and alerting, APM solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- English level above intermediate or higher, fluent preferred
- Understanding Infrastructure as a Code principles, preferably in Azure Cloud (terraform/powershell) would be a plus
- Experience in test automation would be a plus
About the Project
Our software solution is the highly secure virtual data room platform that allows thousands of users across the globe to confidently publish business critical information in real-time for due diligence and analytical purposes.
- Automation scripting: C#
- Frontend: Angular 9+
- Backend: .NET Core 3.1, REST API’s
- Database: MS SQL Server
- Azure Cloud Services: AppInsights, Storage, Functions, Service Bus, Cognitive Services, SignalR, Cognitive Search
- Microservices Architecture, Micro Frontends
- Monitoring: NewRelic, Azure AppInsights
- Hosting: Proprietary Data Centers, Azure Cloud
- Incident Management tools: ServiceNow, PagerDuty
- Backlog Management and collaboration tools: Azure DevOps, Confluence
- Code Repository: Azure DevOps Git
- Build Server (CI/CD): Azure DevOps
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Participation in professional trainings and meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage (including AllSports card)
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Forte Group loyalty card
Join us and be a part of our team!