Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
Forte is seeking a motivated Senior Scrum Master to help maintain our existing product and evolve it into a set of fault tolerant, autonomously scalable, and performant services in Azure. You will lead software product development teams to define work charters and milestones, user story maps and sprint plans, maintain groomed prioritized product backlogs, proactively identify and mitigate risks to deliverables, communicate work status to internal stakeholders, and balance scope, cost, and time to define and achieve team goals and success criteria. The ideal candidate will draw on expertise in agile software development to drive continual improvement with our agile teams and practices to improve software release efficiency and increase software quality.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of a team working on a web application to automate analysis of customer financial information. Will work on a mortgage offer aggregator that allows users to upload all financial documents and get information on what conditions they could get a mortgage. The platform contains multiple areas of functionality such as CRM system, documents processing, IP-telephony integration, various engines to automate financial calculations.
Team structure and Workflow
The team is integrated and allocated in Belarus, Ukraine and Chicago. Team members use Azure DevOps to generate backlog and to prioritize items. Communication mainly consists of daily meetings and interpersonal communication via Slack and Google Meet.
- Help the development team create high-value products
- Create project goals, scope and success criteria, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on a development team
- Manage scope, cost, and schedule to deliver milestones and value
- Help the development team create clear and concise Product Backlog items
- Help the Product Owner arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
- Understand and practice Agility
- Facilitate Scrum events as requested or needed
- Remove impediments to the development team’s progress
- Lead and coach the organization in agile software development adoption
- Cause change that increases the productivity of the development team
- Create detailed milestone-based project plans
- Proactively identify issues and dependencies to on-time milestone completion and mitigate risk to prevent the issue from becoming reality.
- Actively and continuously engage team members, dependent resources, and stakeholders in creative, collaborative problem solving to keep the team (and milestone delivery) on track instead of only reporting a risk and allowing a milestone to slip.
- Recommend solutions to ensure sufficient resource availability; provide reliable estimates of resource allocations required for project success
- Measure development team performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive sprint documentation, charts, and dashboards
- Lead continuous improvement in our agile sprint process, practice, and tool usage
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to maximize shared understanding and minimize confusion. Ability to communicate as effectively to individual contributors as you do with management
- Comfortable communicating technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Maniacal attention to details, balanced with the ability to absorb large amounts of information and distill it down to the essentials
- You have strong people skills, with a distinctive ability to motivate and influence people without authority or a direct reporting relationship
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management and resolution skills. You diplomatically facilitate teams to the successful resolution of issues
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and leverage tools of the trade, such as productivity tools and project management applications
Nice to have
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I, II, or III
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) – Scrum Alliance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Math, or Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Participation in professional trainings and meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage (including AllSports card)
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Forte Group loyalty card
Join us and be a part of our team!