Please submit your CV as an English .pdf file.
As a Database Administrator at Deriv.com, you will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the security, integrity, and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.
- Plan, install, and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end-users.
- Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases.
- Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans.
- Manage database and data security by controlling access to data through authentication, authorisation, and auditing.
- Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity.
- Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability.
What you have
- Experience as a DBA, with a focus on:
- Database setup
- Performance tuning
- Disaster recovery
- SQL queries and optimisation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as shell scripting
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
- Experience with PostgreSQL and/or SQL Server
- Experience with OLAP and MDX
What we’ll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Intensive and interesting onboarding programme for newcomers
- State-of-the-art tech stack
- A modern, comfortable office in the city centre
- Inspiring work environment and creative liberty
We’re Deriv. We’re all about trading. We're the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was more than 20 years ago. We're still going strong. Today, we have more than 500 employees with 10 offices in 7 countries, including Malta, Malaysia, the UAE, and Paraguay, and we serve over a million traders from around the globe.
We have opened a new office in Belarus to access a talent pool of IT professionals. This office is a member of High Tech Park and will be a strong base for skilled developers from Front-end, Back-end, MetaTrader 5, Blockchain, and WinOps teams as well as project and product managers. We invest in our employees and give them consistent career opportunities as they help us meet and exceed the demands of our growing market.
Join us. Grow with us.
You’ll be part of our Database team, where we are custodians of the company’s data; our databases are critical to the company’s daily operations. We turn raw data into actionable intelligence, ensure data integrity, implement security controls, monitor data traffic, troubleshoot issues, and plan for expansion as the company grows. We ensure our databases are tough enough to withstand the threat of cybersecurity breaches.