Please submit your CV as an English .pdf file.
As a Database Administrator at Deriv, you will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the security, integrity, and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.
- Plan, install, and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end-users.
- Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases.
- Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans.
- Manage database and data security by controlling access to data through authentication, authorization, and auditing.
- Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity.
- Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability.
What you have
- Experience as a DBA, with a focus on:
- Database setup
- Performance tuning
- Disaster recovery
- SQL queries and optimization
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as shell scripting
- Exceptional English communication skills (both spoken and written)
What's good to have
- Experience with PostgreSQL and / or SQL Server
- Experience with OLAP and MDX
What we'll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Intensive and interesting onboarding program for newcomers
- State-of-the-art tech stack
- A modern, comfortable office in the city center
- Inspiring work environment and creative liberty
- Support for improving English
You'll be part of our Database team, where we are custodians of the company's data; our databases are critical to the company's daily operations. We turn raw data into actionable intelligence, ensure data integrity, implement security controls, monitor data traffic, troubleshoot issues, and plan for expansion as the company grows. We ensure our databases are tough enough to withstand the threat of cybersecurity breaches.