Great software does not happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft, and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
Forte Group has an open position for a qualified Java Engineer who will be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to working on new systems and solutions and enhancing existing systems utilizing Java. You should be both independent and an enthusiastic team player, have strong problem solving and analytical skills and close attention to details.
The application is a workload automation platform that provides a centralized, enterprise-wide interface for planning and controlling execution of business processes, applications, data, middleware, and infrastructure. The application is a multi-platform solution, with sophisticated core engine and numerous adapters to all major data sources, used by enterprises around the globe with well-known names.
The team is working on the tool that helps to simplify management of the data exchange between different instances of the main application. It offers advanced capabilities for storing, organizing, sharing and using job data across multiple application instances. It supports best practices for change management and maintains a complete history and auditable record of revisions.
Team structure and Workflow
The team is allocated in Minsk, top managers are in Chicago. Team members use Jira to generate backlog and to prioritize items. There is a Technical Writer who creates technical documentation on the project. The team follows Scrum. Communication mainly consists of daily stand up meetings, planning meetings, retrospective, and interpersonal communication. Team members use Slack, Skype and Zoom.
Technologies and Tools
Backend - Java Core, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JdbcTemplate, JaVers
Database - MS SQL, Oracle
Repository - SVN
Tools - Jira, Confluence
- Design and develop software applications
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with team members to produce thoughtful software designs
- Provide accurate estimates on work items
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews
- Facilitate engineering operation process to ensure high-quality software solutions concerning engineering excellence
- Assess solution architecture in terms of vulnerabilities and possible improvements
Qualifications and Skills
- Good knowledge of Java Core
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate
- Good understanding and experience in client-server applications development
- SQL, understanding of relational data modeling
- Strong insight into OOP and design patterns
- Knowledge of common algorithms and data representation models
- Intermediate English level or higher
- Strong mathematical background will be a plus
- Static code analysis
- Code review
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization working on challenging projects using new technologies and tools
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Participation in professional trainings and meetups
- Medical & family care programs
- Various sport activities coverage (including AllSports card)
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Forte Group loyalty card
Join us and be a part of our team!