Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft, and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
We have several Agile teams located in Ukraine and Belarus, working on the same product with our colleagues overseas located mainly in the Chicago area. As a Java Developer you will be a part of a server team where your role will be in developing back-end on our platform. In addition to engineers, we have a Product Manager role, and dedicated QA team. We use Jira to manage our backlog and to track the work progress. We follow the Scrum process with all major ceremonies - daily stand-up’s, planning, retrospective sessions and a lot of interpersonal communication.
We enjoy working in the team with curious, persistent, logical and clever people who enjoy developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join Forte Group as a Java Developer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
Technologies and Tools
Backend: Java 8, Google Guice, Netty, Kafka, Gradle
Databases: Cassandra, ElasticSearch
Test Tools: TestContainers, JUnit5, Hamchrest, JsonPath
Required experience and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, computer science/engineering
- 3+ years in Software Engineering building distributed Java applications using advanced patterns like programmatically generated source code and use of parser generators like Antlr.
- In-depth knowledge of common Java tools frameworks, e.g. Gradle, Maven, Junit, Cucumber, Guava, Guice, etc.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and automated testing (dependency injection, mocking, Junit, BDD, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, etc.
- Experience using Google Guice, Cassandra, Kafka.
- Experience with Postgres would be a plus.
- Intermediate English or higher
- A high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, teamwork, and communication
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Possibility for career development
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Medical and family care programs
- Sport activities coverage
- Fully paid by Forte 5 sick days during the working year
- Internal English courses provided by Forte Teacher
- Comfortable and fully equipped workplace
- Loyalty Card
Join us and be a part of our team!