On The Spot Development is a boutique software development company, which brings together a unique blend of technological know-how and creativity, to build bespoke world-class software solutions for our clients.
About the project:
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. The mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle.
Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility.We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited about getting in on the ground floor of a fast-growing start-up; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer to produce and support tools for our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of Ansible for automation and yet we are polyglots. If you are coming from a different ops environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech while applying your engineering background. We also run Istio and Knative on top of Kubernetes for most of our workloads.
About the Role
- Build the latest state of the art solutions to problems that interrupt availability and performance in our systems, services, and products at scale;
- Build CI/CD automation with GitLab;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the applications, systems and databases architecture;
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over their project timelines and deliverables and help us scale;
- Handle outages, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description, protocol of the resolution and further mitigation/prevention actions;
- Configure and improve monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent outages;
- Work in contact with other teams across the company to ensure smooth and documented changes to all environments;
- Be a team player with a knack for utility;
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside;
- Make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of professionals who share the same passion;
- Write your technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the service.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience;
- Experience with provisioning infrastructure and services in AWS with Terraform;
- Experience in SaaS Ops/Tech Ops/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps;
- Proven track record in administration: AWS Lambda, Fargate, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, CI/CD, infrastructure as code;
- You are skilled in writing playbooks and modules for Ansible;
- You are experienced with monitoring tools such as StackDriver, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, Nagios, Zabbix, PagerDuty;
- You are motivating and guiding your colleagues towards success;
- You are a humble and proactive team player;
- You possess good communication skills and logical thinking;
- You are fluent in English.
What Catches Our Eye
- You have been working on projects with Python, Node.js, GoLang;
- You have experience with AWS and barebone servers;
- You have earned a BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
What we offer
- Work in a highly professional team. Informal and friendly atmosphere in the team;
- Paid vacation - 25 calendar days, 100% sick leave payment;
- 5 sick days per year;
- Inflation-protected wages with regular revision of compensation conditions;
- Medical insurance (after the end of the probationary period);
- Parking space (upon request and availability);
- English courses - 2 times a week (at the pandemic time - remotely);
- Convenient location in the center of Minsk, 2 minutes from the Molodezhnaya metro station, at the address: st. Pinskaya;
- Comfortable and well-equipped open-space with an organized home-style kitchen with fresh fruits, yogurts, a coffee machine, sweets and biscuits;
- Bright and memorable corporate life: corporate parties 2 times a year, gifts to employees in honor of life events, weekly pizza-fridays with board games.