Intetics Inc., a leading global technology company providing custom software application development, distributed professional teams, software product quality assessment, and “all-things-digital” solutions, is looking for a Senior Java\Groovy Engineer to work on one of our projects.
NB! There is an opportunity to work remotely.
About the Client:Intetics client Cloudbees is the industry-leading solution for Continuous Delivery and Release Automation (CDRA) and has been recognized by industry analysts as the leader in the CDRA space for 4 years in a row.About the Project:
CD is a complex product spanning technologies ranging from distributed systems, clustering, databases, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling and much more.The team places a high value on quality with a rigorous unit test framework, code reviews and a CI build system that helps to find problems fast.
This position requires development of Plugins which integrate Cloudbees CD with different third-party systems that span multiple domains starting from Code Checkin all the way to Delivery. Some examples include SCM (Github), Application Servers (Jboss), ITSM (Jira), Cloud Service Providers (AWS, GCP) and Container Management Systems (Kubernetes).
- Drive the Development of plugins, starting from design to delivery. Where necessary improve existing processes and become advocates for delivering top quality software.
- Understand the functionality of CloudBees Continuous Delivery software and how plugins integrate with the backend.
- Learning third party software (eg: Jenkins, Servicenow) as testing would require knowledge of the Cloudbees plugin’s and the third party software that they interface with.
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to establish priorities, understand requirements, formulate test plans and execute them accordingly.
- Ability to work with customers directly on urgent issues.
- At least 4-5 years of experience writing software in one or more languages such as Java, Groovy.
- Good understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, and REST API.
- Experience with Docker containers on Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools.
- Experience with version control such as Git, Github or bitbucket.
- Experience with at least one of the Сloud computing services: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Upper-Intermediate English.
- Experience in system programming.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred.
- Experience with Python and Perl would be a plus.
- Experience with automation testing is a plus.
- Previous experience with Groovy Spock Framework.
- Previous experience with bash scripting and other command line interfaces on Linux, MacOSX and Windows.
- Experience with Jira Kanban boards, Confluence; (or similar) tools for project tracking.