ObjectStyle is a provider of open source solutions and commercial software development services with offices in the US, Belarus, and Poland. We are a major driving force behind such projects as Apache Cayenne – a powerful ORM framework, Bootique.io – a container-less Java app launcher, LinkRest – a model-driven REST engine, and a number of others. Our clients are located in the US, Australia, and EU. We work with the National Hockey League, Wikipedia, and other great companies.
Currently, we’re searching for a talented mid-to-senior Java developer to join the Smart Applications team of one of our key clients - Lucidworks. Lucidworks is the commercial company behind Apache Lucene/Solr, the world’s leading open-source search platform. These cutting-edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. The team includes leading contributors to the Lucene and Solr projects, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, and scalability.
Why would you want to join?
- Scale. Fusion is being used in highly loaded environments with 4k requests processed and 3-5M documents being indexed every second.
- Big-name in a tech world. Lucidworks is a known and respected company in the tech world. That would definitely look good in your CV.
- Team level. This is the team of world-class senior engineers. You will be working with people from Amazon, Reddit, and other technology companies.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work.
Things we seek
- At least 3 years of real-world software development in Java 8 or above
- Experience with concurrent programming and distributed systems
- Clean coder / writes code that can easily be fully unit tested
- Good Java/JVM debugging experience
- Ability to implement large features incrementally
- Strong ability to communicate:
- Gives early notice of blocking issues and/or progress updates on sensitive issues
- Suggests potential improvements to system or components
- Asks questions if requirements are not clear
- Understands and fully embraces good software engineering principles: “separation of concerns”, abstractions/modularity, incremental development, consistency, etc.
Nice to have
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Basic ETL processing
- SaaS experience