Viber is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, and the most downloaded app to have come out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber is a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people using our app.
We’re looking for a highly motivated VoIP Backend Developer to join the Telecom development team!
If you are curious about working with large-scale real-time traffic and creating all the magic behind the scenes of VoIP calls, SMS, and more, want new challenges, and make improvements that impact the lives of millions of users globally when they stay connected, this role is for you!
- Be part of a team developing software solutions in a voice infrastructure
- Participate in the design, implementation, and testing of software products
- Handle advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
- Independently solve technical issues, collaborate with other development teams, and contribute code enhancement ideas
- Design, develop, test the code, and fully analyze code problems.
- 2+ years of experience with C/C++
- Proficiency with at least one of the following server-side languages such as Python, Java, Node JS, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of networking, multithreading
- Experience in network protocols: SIP, WebRTC, SDP, RTP
- Experience in REST APIs and Linux
- Experience in debugging/profiling apps
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Familiarity with database technology, both relational and non-relational (NoSQL) such as MySQL and Couchbase
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Advanced understanding of VoIP transport such as SIP, call admission and control mechanisms, network policy enforcement, integration of applications to a SIP and session management network
- Familiarity with Apache NGINX.
- Friendly team of professionals
- Internal training
- Medical insurance
- Annual bonuses
- Payment for meals
- Birthday gifts
- Nice office 5 minutes from Nemiga metro station
- Remote work (from home) during a pandemic
- Lots of cool activities (training, team building, corporate).