Kontur is looking for a UX designer for its work-from-home team.
Starting salary ranges from $2000 to $3500 based on interview results.
Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As a UX designer, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining visual style of complex analytics UIs, live dashboards showing disaster event feeds, and internal data management interfaces for map-enabled applications. The primary design tool is Figma. Front-end is written in React, TypeScript, and uses Mapbox GL JS. You will be working with the front-end team, GIS, data and business analysts, project managers and the users to build the best experience across various devices, from mobile devices to large wall screens in disaster response centers.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in designing interfaces, that help make decisions and save lives.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Experience with map-based user interfaces and geospatial domain.
- Experience in creating user-centred designs: tracking and predicting user behavior, maintaining transparent user flows.
- Experience in Figma.
- Data visualization skills.
- Graphical design experience.
- Attention to details and accuracy in design.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving aptitude.
- Proficiency in written English.
Things that will set you apart
- Basic understanding of front-end development.
- Familiarity with React, Mapbox GL.
- Pre-production prototyping of future web application and identification of bottlenecks before design.
- Experience maintaining and writing guidelines and design documentation for developers.
- Management and mentoring skills.