The Swiss product company which offers compelling digital agronomy solutions for B2B clients and large farming businesses is looking for a Head of Data Science who will be involved in the development and commercial deployment of Data Science-driven solutions for Smart Farming. You will provide leadership, training and technological support for a team of talented data scientists in a challenging and rewarding start-up environment. Strong commercial delivery focus.
- Manage delivery, technical enablement and methodology adoption in tight collaboration with Gamaya software and hardware teams and business stakeholders.
- Drive and adjust DS roadmap based on business needs, capabilities and Gamaya business strategy.
- Support DS projects and team with senior skills and expertise. Trigger respective content deep dives to ensure the best practice approach and outstanding quality of the solution.
- Identify gaps with respect to DS capabilities and skills. Proactive solution finding and drive respective implementation.
- Develop, and manage the delivery of, DS project portfolio according to priorities.
- Strong collaboration spirit in an agile team environment.
- Establish common practice for the development of Data Science for Remote Sensing (DS4RS) methods and solutions.
- Engage with senior business leaders to widen understanding of DS4RS potential and risks, and related business opportunities.
- Identify relevant industry/technology trends, engage with externals partners/research.
- Act as a role model and "go-to-person" in respect of skills and experience
Must have, technical skills:
- programming skills in Python, with tensorflow/pytorch
- Google cloud platform or similar cloud infrastructure, data version control tool, and dynamic data repositories implementation
- Supervised learning methods: sparse linear regression, kernel methods, svms, neural networks, CNN, RNN, model selection
- Unsupervised learning methods: k means, hierarchical clustering, outlier detection, gmm, density estimation, pca, ica, VAE, GAN
- Experience with Image processing: segmentation, denoising, inpainting, super resolution.
- Experience with time series: classification, switch point detection, forecast, anomaly detection.
Nice to have:
- Proven publication record in international conferences and journals (e.g., NIPS, ICML, AISTATS, MICCAI, CVPR, ICPR)
- Advanced probabilistic modeling: tensorflow_probability/pymc3, normalizing flows, multiview learning
- Experience with preemptible training workflow in the cloud with kubernetes with gcp or similarly azure/aws
- Computational analysis of algorithms, distributed computing with tf.distribute or similar tool
- Experience with optimization: first order methods: gradient descent, proximal methods, stochastic gradient descent flavours, variational inference.
- Experience with the agribusiness
Must have, experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative fields would be preferred.
- +/-5 years of in-depth commercial experience in statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- In-depth experience in building and deploying innovative solutions.
- High level of analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to assimilate complex information.
- Experience in project management and working with cross-functional and/orvirtual teams.
- Experience with Remote Sensing is a plus.
- Ability to take a strategic view of Data Science and Remote Sensing and understands what is required to reach key goals.
- Ability to detect and manage different stakeholders.
- Strong ability to structure and prioritize. Strong delivery focus.
- Strong communication skills (conciseness, clarity), both verbal and written.
- Excellent English language skills
- Work with a great team of bright scientists and engineers
- Be a part of the sustainable future of agriculture
- Enjoy the dynamic and international environment
- Compensation above the market