Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte. With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
Forte Group has an open position for a highly qualified Software Engineer. The Software Engineer will be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to working on new systems and solutions and enhancing existing systems utilizing Java. You should be both independent and an enthusiastic team player, have strong problem solving and analytical skills and close attention to details.
You will have the opportunity to work on Cloud HR management service to help small and mid-sized businesses grow with confidence and succeed in human management. Cloud HR management service targeted to the US market. The product enables its customers to outsource full-cycle HR processes, including time-tracking, time-off management, payroll management, tax calculation, etc.
Technologies that are used on the whole project: a custom-developed product based on Java Spring, React, AWS, Microservice architecture.
Team structure and workflow
There are 3 teams working on the project and allocated in Minsk, Ternopil, and Chicago. (You’ll be part of one of the development teams). A development team follows Scrum processes. Communication mainly consists of participation in regular scrum events and interpersonal communication via Slack. Jira and Confluence are the main tools used for supporting delivery workflow and maintaining project documentation.
Technologies and Tools
Backend - Java Core, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Framework, Spring Security, Netflix Stack Microservices (Zuul, Eureka, Feign, Hystrix, etc.) JdbcTemplate, Hibernate, JDBC, JSON, XML, JUnit
Database - Postgresql, Aurora DB Cluster (based on Postgresql)
Cloud Platform - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
VCS - Git
Tools - Linux bash, Gradle, Intellij Idea, Docker, Jira, Confluence
- Design, architect and develop software applications
- As a key developer serves in a mentor role to junior team members
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with team members to produce thoughtful software designs
- Provide accurate estimates on work items
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews
- Facilitate engineering operation process to ensure high-quality software solutions concerning engineering excellence
- Assess solution architecture in terms of vulnerabilities and possible improvements
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong knowledge of Java Core
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture
- Extensive experience working with Spring, Hibernate
- Familiarity with distributed streaming platform (Kafka) or message-broker software (RabbitMQ, etc.)
- SQL, understanding of relational data modeling
- Strong knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- Knowledge of common algorithms and data representation models
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field
- Great team player
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Intermediate+ English
- Static code analysis
- Code review
- Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Professional and corporate events
- Social package: professional & soft skills training, medical & family care programs, sports
- English classes in the office with a dedicated teacher
Join us and be a part of our team!