You’ll be part of our Disaster Recovery team. We are responsible for recovering systems and restoring data in case of disruption. With strong business continuity and disaster recovery plans, we ensure the trust of our customers.
As a Disaster Recovery Engineer at Deriv, you will help with the development, maintenance, and execution of disaster recovery strategies and risk management procedures. You will identify vulnerabilities in our IT infrastructure and determine critical processes required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of system failure or disasters. You have an in-depth understanding of IT resilience and a hands-on integrated multidisciplinary approach, so you can create business continuance scenarios and effective disaster recovery plans.
- Plan, maintain, and execute policies to ensure the security of our data, information systems, and technology.
- Plan and implement periodical live disaster recovery testing to establish the functionality of backups.
- Identify the critical processes and systems that are core to our company’s continued business operation, and ensure their security by regular disaster recovery tests.
- Make sure that disaster recovery policies and standards are observed in our company-wide disaster recovery plans.
- Assist with managing the service providers who help with sustaining and improving our disaster recovery capabilities to ensure access to data, and switch to alternative suppliers if necessary.
- Work with internal and external auditors by responding to requests and providing the relevant, required information.
What’s good to have
- A university degree in computer science or a related field
- A minimum of two years’ direct experience in planning and executing disaster recovery
- Hands-on experience in Linux and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, and other IAAS)
- Experience in networking and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, and SaltStack
- Experience in cloud orchestration (terraform or similar)
- Experience in database administration experience with high availability database clusters
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard information security and disaster recovery best practices
- Familiarity with legacy and modern application architectures and related technologies (web applications, service-oriented architecture, microservices), network protocols, storage and backup services
- Ability to predict, identify, and define potential threats
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the company
- Exceptional English communication skills (both spoken and written)
What we’ll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances
Visit our careers page for more info: https://deriv.com/careers