Alms is a vertical social network and a wellness lifestyle guide, app will help millions of people around the globe to share their experience. Alms is part of the Palta ecosystem, which includes companies such as Flo (global leader in women's health, 37M MAU), Prisma (2016 app, over 150M installs), etc.
We are looking for a talented Backend Lead to join our team!
- You'll lead our technical team with an opportunity to become the CTO. Also, we're open to discuss the CTO role with more experienced candidates
- It is a full-time and remote-friendly opportunity with an equity sharing
- We're a seed-stage startup co-created with Palta (investors behind the top consumer apps like Flo, Simple, MSQRD and Prisma)
- Alms is a community app for impactful living with a proactive guide. Our MVP (proactive guide) is live in the App Store with around ~15k downloads
- Previous experience in social/community products is a plus
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Software Engineers with a passion for scale and performance.
- Help us grow from the MVP to a fully functional community app
- Define the strategic plan with the CEO to design, build, and improve our engine. Lead architectural decisions to update our technologies and standards, boosting performance
- Collaborate closely with the product, mobile, and other teams to define technical solutions and deliver on our release objectives
- Actively participate in the team spirit, being a role model for the team, coaching and developing your team members
- Contribute to the Palta ecosystem: by knowledge and experience sharing with other startups or accessing the broader Palta roadmap. There are lots of brilliant techies you've yet to meet :)
- 5+ years experience in Software Development
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Experience designing technical solutions alongside Product teams
- You own your tasks and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment within small and talented teams
- Excellent communication skills and English proficiency
- Deep knowledge of Django/Python and good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- AWS hands-on experience (S3, EC2, Athena, EKS, SES, etc), Docker, and Kubernetes
- You are familiar with Linux administration
- Good knowledge of Gitlab CI/CD, Terraform