We at JetThoughts are looking for our next great Senior Software Engineer.
At JetThoughts we create quality software and provide value to startups and big companies.
As part of our team, you will develop exciting new software for our clients and help us build their projects from the ground up.
You will apply Agile/Lean methodologies, participate in our daily scrums, perform experiments, and play a key role in improving our code on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who loves, or is excited to learn:
- Ruby on Rails
- A team player who loves to collaborate on projects
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) and design
- Some experience with the tools we currently use
- A decision-maker
- Someone detail-oriented, but also pragmatic
Any of these sound like you? You might be who we are looking for!
We are an agile team of developers who write lean software to solve real problems. We build software for startups and small businesses from the USA and Europe.
We are currently 9 people and we are looking forward to adding more people to our team.
Our team currently enjoys these benefits:
- Flexible work hours
- Relaxed company environment
- Work remotely or from a coworking space anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Raises based on performance every 12 months
- Unlimited unpaid vacation
So, what will YOU be doing exactly?
You will be a Sr. Developer at JetThoughts. Basically, you’ll be helping our team design and develop awesome software for our clients.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Write code that is simple, easy to maintain, and clear
- Design architectures, services, and solutions
- Pair program with Developers
- Coach Junior Developers
- Code review pull requests
This is a 40/hour a week full-time position.
- Work from anywhere you want.
- This is a remote position as long as there is a 4 hours overlap with our main timezone UTC+02:00 (Kyiv time)
So, what do you really NEED to be the right candidate for this job?
Here are just a few other things that will help you hit the ground running:
- Understanding and experience in the Agile/Lean environments
- Advanced or native English level
- Provide proactive communication
Please check our processes and confirm that they are suites you:
- Here are our overall organization processes https://jtway.co/how-to-get-remote-teams-to-high-perform-b9b29d698feb
- Here is our daily routine https://jtway.co/a-typical-day-at-jetthoughts-5e25f5f803ce
- Here is our flow https://jtway.co/delivery-flow-for-distributed-remote-teams-5218828b0d1a