Kontur is looking for a quality assurance automation engineer for its work-from-home team. Starting salary ranges from $1,500 to $3,000 based on interview results. We are a US company that develops a geospatial analytics platform that uses innovative mapping technologies to provide visual, location-aware intelligence across business verticals. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As an active member of the development team, you will be involved in development of software and services from the start of pre-production and into release and further support. Our main technical stack consists of Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL with PostGIS. In the front end, there is React, GraphQL and Mapbox GL for map rendering. Automated test suite is maintained in Python and runs on gitlab-ci.
You will review user stories, raise the team's awareness of potential risks, make sure positive scenarios are covered by automated testing by developing tests and reports, and suggest failure modes that need special care. Kontur’s services are built around the topic of natural disasters, there is a challenge in providing certain SLA levels to customers when the world is falling apart.
We use Fibery for maintaining the documentation and processes. Validation of correctness and completeness of documentation will be a part of your duty.
Automated testing is needed for the code, data (including third party sources); for both internal use and providing compliance suites for external integrations. Web-based user interface is currently a manual job and we seek to improve it.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in testing framework development, data engineering, and geospatial components.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- 3+ years of total experience in Quality Assurance and Software Engineering.
- Proficiency in Python-based testing frameworks.
- Good knowledge of modern QA practices, technologies and processes.
- Proficiency in written English.
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration systems.
- Experience with REST API testing.
Things that will set you apart
- Team leadership and management skills.
- Experience with GIS systems and data processing pipelines.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience in performance testing.