Spiral Scout is a fast-growing software development agency looking to hire a full-time Lead Web Designer with 6+ years of experience in UI/UX and graphic design to lead our design department and various client work. This is a massive opportunity for someone looking to be a leader and build a dominant design team to support them while working with top management, an awesome engineering team and a diverse set of clients.
We are an extremely professional and supportive team that works together in a pressure-free environment (We have every other Friday off from work to recharge in addition to all holidays, sick days and paid time off) and want you to have the right mindset and time to do your best work. We expect you to push your skill boundaries to create award-winning and daring experiences that grow our customers businesses and compliment the engineering work we do.
What You'll Do:
- Be directly responsible for the Quality, Creativity and Delivery of the projects you are overseeing;
- Assist our pre-sales team with creative visions for a potential pre-sales or existing project opportunity. Confidently pitch it to clients, as well as be able to communicate it clearly to your design team;
- Interpret and create the initial designs for a project;
- Work closely with top management, marketing department, a US based copywriter and developers on different projects;
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines;
- Manage designers who will execute the art direction of a project or build your own team;
- Create design estimates for proposals and new work;
- Own and reshape Spiral Scout online identity via brand and style guides that will drive work around the website, converting leads, creating case studies and marketing collateral.
What We'd Like To See:
- 6+ years of professional experience as a graphic designer or UI/UX designer;
- Solid experience in the major design tools;
- Good knowledge of usability standards, mobile design, how to optimize designs for conversions and how to analyze metrics and analytics to drive design decisions;
- Experience with different open-source platforms and providing best design practices as well as designing for custom development
- Fluency in current technologies, politics, and a deep understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs;
- Upper-Intermediate + English written and speaking level;
- Management experience is a plus;
- Proactive management of expectations, listen to constructive feedback and be able to deliver helpful feedback in return, problem solver, great organization and time management.
We offer financial motivation:
- Competitive salary;
- Every other Friday is a paid day off from work;
- Paid job-related courses, conferences, and seminars;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Medical insurance;
- English classes.
We provide non-cash motivation:
- Flexible work hours and work from the place of yours;
- Family atmosphere;
- Different corporate events and team building activities,
- Holiday gifts;
- Company’s care and support in the employee’s professional and personal development;
- Our office is located near the metro not far from the city center.
And Additional Bonuses.
Remote work from anywhere in the world or you can work from our office in Minsk. Both are fine. It is up to you to decide how you work best. We will allocate additional budget for any new hires you wish to make, any continuing education or design conferences you want to attend and any design tools you need to purchase. We want you to have the best environment and tools at your disposal so you can create the best experiences for our clients.
If you are interested please provide links to your design portfolio or send us a PDF of your work and please note which parts of the project you worked on and if there was a team involved. You can also send us a link to your Linkedin bio or a resume if you have one.