We're an end-to-end provider of premium products and services for global sport and media operators.
We push boundaries every day to offer the most reliable, scalable, engaging end-to-end offerings that continually meet and exceed fan expectations and maximise client value. Underpinned by data we're able to determine the best experiences to drive business growth. Deltatre provides strategy, planning, consultancy across all stages of our client's lifecycle.
The Sport Experiences Unit is the Leader in digital experiences, data gathering, distribution and rendering in the sports ecosystem. Sport Experiences builds and delivers cutting-edge digital platforms and value-based data driven visualization, gathering and distribution solutions.
The role required will be focused primarily on our digital operations hosted in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba Cloud. Cloud Engineer should be part of our ongoing software development and operations, he/she will be part of the team helping the developers in the continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and testing of the code. He/she will be responsible of the design of the cloud infrastructure following the architectural pattern defined by the architects with the possibility to contribute to their definition. Cloud Engineer requires the ability to interact and work very closely with the other members of the DevOps team as well as with the architects. As a technology company Deltatre uses the latest technology to run their services in the cloud so we are looking for people who are passionate about technology and are excited to learn and use the latest toolsets and techniques. We are using containerization, serverless computing and platform-as-a-service offerings from the major cloud vendors to run our services delivering websites and video to audiences on a global scale. Deltatre uses a largely Microsoft based stack including Visual Studio, TFS and Microsoft Azure however our platforms are designed to run on any cloud solution and dedicated infrastructure. Given the role supports live sports events, candidates must be available for occasional work during weekends and evenings.
- Design and management of cloud system architectures guaranteeing high availability, top performance and reliability being involved in continuous operation and improvements.
- Guarantee continuous integration and continuous delivery of our software.
- Design and management of container-based hosting environments.
- Support to incident and problem management to identify root cause and fix, define and put in place improvements to avoid the problem occurring again.
- Interact with customers, understanding their requirements, help them to find the best technological solution for their needs.
- Analyze and improve systems' performance & scalability and automate systems management.
- Good knowledge of the cloud platform offerings (Azure preferred).
- Experience with systems & services monitoring tools and in log analysis.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices.
- Ability to express and understand complex technical concepts.
- Being able to properly communicate in English (spoken and written).
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience with cloud automation and infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Fluency in automating manual jobs using scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell preferred).
- A passion for new technology and the emerging media landscape.
- Experience with Content Distribution Networks (Akamai highly desirable).
- Knowledge of TFS and release management.
- Knowledge in orchestration of Docker containers (Kubernetes preferred).
- Knowledge of best practice for cloud IT security.
- Microsoft Azure's Flow and Application Insights experience.
- Knowledge of NoSQL database (MongoDB preferred).
- Linux server management.
- Interest in sport.
- Enjoy the intellectual challenge, the technical difficulties.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.