Ciklum is looking for a Senior SRE Engineer to join the EVRYTHNG (https://evrythng.com/) project team in Minsk on a full-time basis.
About the Client:
EVRYTHNG is the Internet of Things Smart Products Platform that connects any consumer product to the Web, and manages real-time data to drive applications. The world’s leading consumer product manufacturers work with EVRYTHNG to manage billions of intelligent online identities in the cloud for their products, deliver real-time interactive experiences and support services to consumers, and connect with the ecosystem of other applications and products in their digital lives.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Site Reliability Engineer with a background in large-scale cloud based infrastructure deployments of distributed services. You will join a switched on, funny and hyper-intelligent team, developing / expanding our highly reliable, scalable and robust Cloud Infrastructure that is the home of our IoT Platform that manages active digital identities for billions of things. Our technology is used by well-known global brands.
As a Senior SRE you will have the chance to work on a plethora of greenfield infrastructure and operations related projects with our existing team and construct our new “Terraformised” AWS Environments.
As part of our small but mighty Site Reliability Engineering team, you will enable our product teams and engineers to move at speed into production, ensure consistency of approach and knowledge share across products. You will work with Terraform, CircleCi, Docker and a collection of AWS Services.
The role will include working collaboratively with our Engineering and Product teams. This position will be responsible for guiding the design and implementation of our new AWS Environments that will be fully managed via Terraform and automatically deployed via Terraform Enterprise and CircleCI.
Our passionate fledgling team aim to create a dynamic and high performing culture, putting Technical Excellence at the heart of everything we do
- Active participation in the selection, design and implementation of Infrastructure and Operations projects
- Strive for a self-serving model by documenting the tools and best practices
- Train and assist engineers in using the selected tools and technologies
- Automate the provisioning and management of our Cloud-based Platform (in AWS) via Terraform
- Automate and optimise our software development and delivery processes via CI/CD pipelines, using CircleCI
- Design and implement deployment strategies, such as blue/green and canary, to ensure the high availability of our platform
- Continuously evaluate our path to production workflow and contribute to its improvement and automation
- Get ready to contribute to the 24/7 support of our infrastructure and services
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS (experience with GCP and/or Azure is a big plus!)
- Strong knowledge and experience with Terraform (especially v0.12 +)
- Experience with CI / CD Pipelines, such as CircleCI.
- Experience with Container Technology (Docker)
- In depth understanding and experience of Data Streaming technologies (AWS Kinesis and Apache Kafka)
- In depth understanding and experience of Relational and Non-Relational Database technologies (MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
- In depth understanding security policies and practices, in particular User Access (IAM Users & Roles), Resource Access (IAM Policies) and Network Access (NACLs, SecurityGroups, WAF, VPN)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Shell
- Understanding of programming languages such as Java and NodeJS
- Experience with designing and building secure, scaled resilient and cost-effective cloud based solutions
- Experience supporting large scale software projects and creating environments with strong monitoring, alerting and support solutions
What's in it for you?
- Employment under the law of the Republic of Belarus
- High earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development.
- Training & Development - 2 hours of personal training & development per week & tech lunches on Wednesdays
- Fully remote
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions
- Your opinion matters
- You can improve product, processes and tools
- Competitive salary
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum's employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.