Video is everywhere!
This a new slogan for SolbegSoft because we start recruiting the best talents for our new project Kaltura!
Kaltura is the world's first Open Source Online Video Platform, providing video solutions, software and services for video creation, publishing, management, engagement, monetization and analysis.
- Defining solutions to ensure that they are designed, developed and fit for purpose, meet the business requirements and adhere to quality standards, delivering value within cost constraints.
- Communicate requirements and technical design with Kaltura product and R&D teams to assist in determining whether features should be contained within the core product or developed as customer-specific deliveries.
- Liaise with the Kaltura project and delivery teams to help understand feature scope and complexity, and subsequently drive priorities for those features.
- Present technical approach and designs to the customer, technical teams and Kaltura leadership.
- Working in a team of 5 other System Architects, across 3 different countries, ensuring consistency of approach and design for solutions within Kaltura.
- Persuade, and be persuaded by, other SAs in promoting solutions as the most effective way of meeting business needs.
- Capable of reviewing existing API specifications both from Kaltura and 3rd parties to determine capabilities of the system and their match to business requirements.
- Define new APIs and (if necessary) entire new services to meet agreed designs for customer requirements (if not met already by the Kaltura platform).
- The role will initially be focussed on owning the architecture for client devices (Android, iOS, Set Top Boxes, Smart TVs, etc.).
- Front-End Application design and delivery.
- The role will require familiarity with UML.
- Expected that the candidate will have a deep understanding of scalable and resilient software system engineering practices, both functional and non-functional (system scale, elasticity, monitoring, reporting, logging, etc.).
- Be familiar in, and have experience with, open standards for APIs (including REST) and micro-services based system architecture.
- The candidate shall be aware of (or be expected to become familiar with) capabilities of, and technology frameworks used on these devices, and be able to determine the most appropriate technology to meet the customer requirements.
- The candidate is expected to operate closely with 3rd party sub-contracted application development teams to drive solutions across the selection of devices on the platform.
- Capable of clear and complete technical documentation of requirements and design, targeted at both the customer and internal teams (including development, QA and integration).
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Expected to be able to communicate both in English and in Russian.
- Flexible schedule.
- 100% paid sick leaves.
- Health insurance.
- In-company library: any technical literature that you've ever dreamed about.
- Advanced training courses and professional conference participation payment.
- Paid certification.
- English Classes.
- In-office gym, tennis table, under-roof bike parking and even more.
- Sport compensation.
- Social events, team buildings and special gifts.
What is Solbeg?
- A stable company with 12+ years of history and HTP Membership.
- 400+ employees with offices in Minsk, Brest, New York, San Diego, Mumbai.
- A great mix of older and younger generations of engineers (the average age of our team is 32 years old).
- A combination of multicultural engagement and respect to Belarus culture.
- A passion for new technologies and environmental concern.
- A flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance.
SolbegSoft is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Give your career a flying start with SolbegSoft!