There is no hotter field than artificial intelligence, and DataRobot is at the forefront. DataRobot is a leader helping global businesses achieve their AI objectives and realize incredible business value through successful use of the DataRobot Automated Machine Learning Platform. With the help of Paxata product, DataRobot implements a full end-to-end machine learning pipeline, from data to value.
We are searching for an experienced engineer that enjoys working with data and helping users to solve complex problems. This is a customer facing position, and will require the ability to interact with the customers on a daily basis. Senior Paxata Support Engineer will work closely with developers to reproduce problems and deliver fixes as well as help design solutions that help our customers realize value. The engineer is an excellent communicator, technically astute, with outstanding ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
What you will do:
- Provide support to Paxata Data Preparation platform users
- Help customers over email or zoom/webex meeting
- Handle issues related to hosting, installation, and advanced software support for on-prem and SaaS.
- Custom installations, including Hadoop or non-standard environments
- Position as final level of Paxata support expertise prior to escalation to engineering
- Work with Paxata subject matter experts, data scientists, and engineers to resolve customer issues
- Create workarounds when standard procedures have failed and ensure issues are solved in a timely manner
- Document customer problems and resolutions, create knowledge base content related to software usage
- Work in non-standard hours to help customers from Asia and US and participate in on-call rotations
- Develop a career in data science and data engineering
What you need:
- 5+ years of industry customer support experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Scala and Java languages
- Experience troubleshooting Java based application (concepts of jdbc driver, jars, jstack, memory etc )
- Senior Linux administration and enterprise network engineering
- Experience of installation using rpm files and rpm based installation using yum.
- Infrastructure orchestration tools (Ansible)
- Experience with database management (SQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Big Data systems (Hadoop)
- Ability to read and monitor large logs using commands or tools like splunk.
- Experience in using open source Spark, S3 and/or WASB technology for data storage.
- Experience with IAAS providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Python or R
- Kerberized hadoop installation and configuration
- Administration and application deployment to Spark Cluster
- Experience with SaaS application maintenance
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence