WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the trusted leader in the customer data industry. We believe unified customer data is an organization’s most valuable asset and greatest competitive advantage. We help brands seamlessly unify their siloed customer data and applications in real time, and drive more profitable interactions across all touchpoints. Tealium’s Customer Data Hub (CDH) enables you to connect your data so you can connect with your customers. Founded in 2008, Tealium’s patented and award-winning solutions are used by over 1,000 of the world's most innovative brands, including Sony, T-Mobile, Hulu, Uber, Facebook, Expedia, Hyatt, American Airlines, The Gap, Orange, and many others. Now we are opening an R&D center in Minsk and invite you to join!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Team Lead in software engineering is responsible for helping and guiding a team to deliver all of their sprint commitments on time and with a high standard of quality. He or she is also responsible for coaching and mentoring members of the engineering team, ensuring adherence to best practices and internal standards.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Work closely with the Product Owner to define, breakdown and re-organize work (such as assisting PO in the creation or modification of stories, tasks, and subtasks) to ensure the scope of work is ready for consumption by the agile team.
- Be proactive and become a close partner with Product with the goal of making the team as productive and efficient as possible.
- Set realistic expectations for engineering delivery with the Product Owner.
- Be accountable for ensuring the right cross-functional engineering teams are being brought in at the right time, mitigating risks of discovering last-minute development unknowns.
- Help maintain high-quality standards within the team by working with managers, architects, and other senior members of the team.
- Establish and champion good coding and test practices.
- Play an active role in code reviews.
- Proactively and continuously assess opportunities for development and process improvements, and be the internal champion of these proposed improvements.
- Working closely with other software engineers, architects, operations engineers, and product managers.
- Contributing to architectural design decisions.
- Participating in operational related discussions.
- Contributing to test plans.
- Designing maintainable, testable code with high test coverage requirements.
- Adding integration and acceptance test coverage to new features.
- Evaluating and investigating alternatives to existing solutions, proposing new designs and technologies.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT:
- You have degree in BS, MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- You have 7+ years of Java development experience.
- You have strong knowledge of modern software engineering principles, patterns, and best practices.
- You have understanding of microservices architectures.
- You are experienced in designing and supporting high traffic, highly available systems.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are able to effectively explain technical concepts to team members, architects, and team leads.
- You have extensive experience in deploying software to a cloud platform environment. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- You are familiar with modern DevOps concepts. Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Terraform.
- You are experienced with NoSQL, as well as relational data stores. DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Mysql, RedshiftDB, Redis, Cassandra, SnowflakeDB, etc.
- You are experienced in distributed messaging and streaming technologies, RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kafka.
- You are familiar with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, or PrestoDB.
- You are able of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- You have fluent English, both written and verbal.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium and our Customer Data Hub (CDH) makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity. Organizations from start-ups to large global enterprises are utilizing Tealium to unify their customer data in real time and drive improvements in their overall data strategy. Over 1,000 global brands trust Tealium, and in an increasingly noisy market we are proud to maintain best-in-class renewal rates of >90%. When our customers are happy, we’re happy. Our office in Minsk is located in a newly erected building, in the very city center. Our location is just one of the many perks we enjoy. At Tealium we enjoy medical insurance for the whole family, rich benefit plans - just to name a few. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with some of the brightest minds in the business. If you are interested in being a part of Team Teal, we’d love to hear from you!