Ciklum is looking for a Java Tech Lead to join EVRYTHNG project in Minsk on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a Java Tech Lead with an eye for detail and a passion for high performance who will help the team make the right technical decisions to be efficient and achieve delivery goals.
About the Project:
EVRYTHNG is an IoT platform connecting billions of things to the Web. Our secret sauce is to connect the things that are usually not connected to the IoT such as apparel and consumer goods products using innovative technologies ranging from QR codes to printed electronics, NFC/RFID, battery-free bluetooth and LPWAN devices.
The top brands we work with such as Coca Cola, Unilever, Diageo, Ralph Lauren or Avery Dennison leverage our system to connect with their customers, optimize the flow of goods, provide trustable provenance information and fight illicit trade and counterfeit goods. To make all of this work we’ve invented the Web of Things and URLs for products being standardized at W3C and GS1.
Working with us means tackling large scale Web challenges, like managing millions of transactions per minute but also staying ahead of the curve technology wise. For instance we have successfully applied blockchain and machine learning with our customers to resolve real-world problems.
Join us to design the digital future of all the things!
- Living and breathing a build, run, own philosophy, driving the team toward sprint and product increment goals
- Sharing best practice and solutions across squads
- Driving the teams technical decisions and delivery with a focus on continuous improvement
- Take the lead for Release and Incident management
- Resolving technical blockers
- Onboarding team members and retaining technical knowledge in the team
- People management of engineer(s) taking an active role in career progression, supported by the team lead
- The hiring process for new members of the squad
- Assisting the Product Manager and Scrum Master to fine tune and manage the delivery process (Scrum, Kanban), including engineering resource planning
- Previous line management experience
- Previously held Chapter, Guild or Tech Lead role
- Strong communication skills
- Technical capabilities at Senior Software Engineer (Java) or greater
- Excellent knowledge of the product you are tech lead for
- Representing architectural changes to architecture council through to approval
- Able to work under pressure with strong organisational capabilities
- Ability to think logically and execute methodically, a creative solution-finder, technically and commercially credible, self-confident, able to work independently
- An out-going person who is willing to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced working environment
- Analytically minded and able to draw conclusions when looking at data and creating reports
- A good team player with excellent communication skills and a strong commercial focus
What's in it for you?
- Employment under the law of the Republic of Belarus
- Great team
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions
- Your opinion matters
- You can improve product, processes and tools
- Competitive salary
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum's employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.