As a Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will have an opportunity to work on real-world problems facing our customers in the field. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work, and covering a range of domain areas, such as workload migrations from on-prem to Azure or AWS Cloud Platforms. Most importantly you will have the opportunity to provide leadership, delivering best practice recommendations internally and externally.The ideal candidate will possess a diverse background in areas such as architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies.
Responsibilities for Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
- Technical mastery of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc), and architecting/developing/maintaining/configurating production-grade systems.
- Applied experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
- Applied experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Packer.
- Applied experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, or AWS CI
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Analyzes current technologies, tools and processes in use by the unit to propose cloud conversion, improvements, changes or optimizations that result in a cost-efficient operation.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Support the architecting and engineering of cloud infrastructure for best scalability, resiliency and maintainability, including execution of proof of concept and pilots.
Qualifications for System Administrator
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Knowledge of public clouds (Azure or AWS)
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or equivalent
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Strong knowledge of implementing IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Knowledge of performance monitoring software such as Zabbix is of an advantage
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary
- Great career opportunities
- Sick days
- Office near the metro
- Opportunity to have communication with clients directly
- Well-educated technical team who loves their work