We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts.
The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Key Responsibilities for Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture;
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements;
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.;
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies;
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with Java. Knowledge of Kotlin;
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
- Experience in working with HTTP/REST API, understanding of enterprise software development basics: VSC, build automation, CI/CD, code quality;
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management;
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets;
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores;
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning, search, data science, or computer vision is a big plus.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Redshift and DynamoDB;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools;
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS;
- Experience with stream-processing systems;
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java, Python, Scala, etc.