DevOps Engineers are critical to building the next generation of Teladoc Health products and performance. If you have an obsessive focus on automation and metrics, building repeatable solutions and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, we should talk.
In this challenging role, you will be expected to develop solutions to meet the ever-increasing demand for operational improvements and efficiencies in a fast-paced environment. You will be given responsibility for the end-to-end deployment pipeline of a key technology platform and will be working with software developers, QA and system engineers to deliver secure services with maximum uptime. You will be responsible for deploying industry-standard automation and monitoring tools to highly visible products and implementing fully-automated continuous delivery solutions. DevOps Engineers also need to collect meticulous data throughout the software development lifecycle and provide optimizations that allow for step-function improvement of engineering team productivity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enhance and maintain Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines to support our production and redundant environment
- Follow standards for infrastructure testing and deployment mechanisms
- Contribute to automated processes, using tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Packer and Terraform
- Assist in the implementation of agile SaaS infrastructure, automated environment provisioning and automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Work with development and QA teams to support a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- Thoroughly document and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
- Participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem using products such as EC2, RDS, S3, ELB and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- Experience with IaC tools like Terraform and Packer
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing and deployment. Experience with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo CI, Docker, etc.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle. Experience with version management and ticketing systems such as Git and Jira.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization with tools like New Relic, Zenoss, Sensu, Nagios, Graphite, Collectd, Ganglia, etc.
- Proficient in high-level scripting languages such as Ruby or Python and script environments like Bash
- Hands on coding and familiarity required with skills in RESTful web services, JSON and XML.
- Able and willing to work in a team environment and adopt a culture of ownership and initiative, and promote such within the team.
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes/Rancher, Mesos and/or Swarm
- Experience with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Experience including software development, Unix systems administration, and cloud-based application management
- BS in Computer Science or related field required, years of equivalent work experience may be substituted. Master’s degree preferred.
- Stable salary
- Flexible schedule
- MacBook Pro as working instance