Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Joining us as a C++ Developer, you'll play a key role in developing software/tech for complex navigation systems for cars. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of enhancing and developing core and essential components of current and future implementations of navigation ecosystem here at Mapbox.
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer at Mapbox team, you will be responsible for the product development for a core navigation library. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
- Designing and implementing new features;
- Creating core components for cross-platform usage;
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power embedded hardware devices as well as mobile platforms;
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard libraries;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of platform specific package managers and cross-dependencies (iOS, Android);
- Knowledge of basic localization and navigations concepts (bearing, dead reckoning, electronic horizon etc.);
- Experience working with IMU and OBD II data.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.