Geomotiv - innovation company in the area of complex engineering solutions and IT-consulting. We are working with customers from the USA and Western Europe.
About the project
Our client is a large development company with its own product. It is an easy to use, massive scale, and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. They provide their customers with an extensible and transparent advertising system and process billions of transactions per second.
They are looking for a Senior Web Engineer - Backend with an in-depth working knowledge of the Django framework to join their growing team. The client’s engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon and Facebook and many other firms with strong software disciplines. Their mission is to build great advertising software and you can take part in it!
The tech stack is always evolving to deal with the massive scale of transactions. To manage the firehose of data coming in, our client explores complex tradeoffs and architects high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant and thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both the team and customers.
The client provides multiple solutions to meet digital advertising needs. Many companies apply the client’s custom-built UI and API in their daily workflow. The mission of the App team is to bring a streamlined experience for marketers to target the right audience and achieve satisfying results. With short feedback loops, features are prioritized and built to create the most value for the end-users. As a senior Django/Python engineer, you will guide API development with some cutting edge technologies. Try your hand in architecting scalable systems and building impactful applications.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Guide major architectural changes to improve the engineering velocity
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists to evolve services to provide new experiences for the end-users
- Mentor other engineers on architecture and process
- Work on the public REST API that supports both customers and the company’s own JS UI
- Do fun tasks like reviewing code, writing design docs, and closing JIRA tickets
- Report to the Director of Web Engineering.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API (ie. Swagger, monitoring, rate limiting, authentication, etc.)
- A solid understanding of relational databases (we use Amazon Aurora MySQL)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes and concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- A solid understanding of Django Rest Framework
- A strong grasp of software architecture (from classes or self-learning)
- An appreciation (or tolerance of) bee puns
- Professional self-realization;
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible working hours;
- Possibility of remote work;
- Fully-equipped office space in a good location;
- 25 days annual leave;
- 5 sick-days;
- English lessons;
- Discount cards for employees (discount program in cafes, restaurants, pubs, fitness clubs etc);
- Own kitchen, snacks, coffee and so on.