We are looking for a great Software Engineer to join our team! The position will include building great products, tackling interesting challenges, and contributing to our engineering culture. We expect you to work in pairs, use test-driven development a lot, be experienced in building complex web and mobile applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
Once you join us, you will build one of the next products:
- Mailtrap.io - our headliner in the world of safe email testing (with over 550,000 users)
- Coupler.io - a tool for data import between different systems to build smooth data flows
- Calendly - one of the most popular scheduling tools in the world
- BrightBytes - a platform for educators that empowers school-wide improvement through data-driven insights
- OfficeSpace - a powerfully simple facility management software used by well-known companies in Silicon Valley and outside of it.
Check other examples of the products we built.
We write Ruby and JS code a lot, however, our codebases are often polyglot and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or Go in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
Required skills & experience
- Excellent general programming skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience with different DBs (RDBMS, Key Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in Test-Driven Development and pair programming (good to have)
- You have strong technical expertise and can work with complex codebases
- Good English (ability to communicate fluently)
Responsibilities and expectations
- End-to-end product development
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Actively contribute to identification of the problems and their solutions
- Be able to collaborate in cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2007, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into multi-million-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap, Coupler, and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 600K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 6 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
Railswarian’s Bonuses & Benefits
- Work Locally or Remotely: You can work in the office or remotely from any location. Over the last few years, Railswarians have worked from different countries all around the world
- You can work flexible hours that suit your local time
- We have two comfortable offices in Kyiv, Ukraine, and Krakow, Poland:
- Our offices are equipped with modern ergonomic chairs and standing desks
- You can always find fresh food and drinks in our kitchen
- A world-class team of T-shaped skilled professionals that share knowledge and support each other
- Top-notch approaches that help us create outstanding products and provide great services both to our customers and to Railswarians
- The culture of constant development that suits each Railswarian:
- To stay competitive, we need to constantly learn new things. Railsware provides you an opportunity to visit professional conferences as a participant or a speaker and exchange knowledge with industry leaders
- Flat company structure and ability to contribute to the company level responsibilities that you are passionate about, and grow beyond your role. You are the key driver of your personal growth and can evolve in a community of professionals
- We don’t want to grow rapidly in terms of the number of people. Craft and quality are core principles for us. That’s why every hired person matters
- Railsware offers a competitive remuneration
- Yearly bonus and compensation depend on your contribution to company growth, personal development, productivity, and team’s feedback
- As an additional financial help, we provide savings program and microcredits:
- You can keep your money on the company accounts until you need them
- Microcredits can be helpful when you need some additional cash
- Thanks to our hardware policy, you are able to work with the best equipment and regularly update it
- You have 34 paid time off days per year. There are 24 standards days and, as our team is distributed around multiple countries, you get 10 working days on top to cover public holidays (you choose when you want to take your PTO)
- We cover sick leave, but we hope you won’t need it;)
- Health policy budget will cover your private sports and healthcare expenses
- Yearly trip: Every year Railsware organizes a company retreat for you and your partner to spend time with our whole distributed team together in one place. Our goal is to have fun and get to know each other better. We also discuss the company’s vision and work on our culture. In previous years, we visited amazing places like Austrian Alps, Crete (video), Italy (video), and Croatia
Learn more about Railsware