At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking Principal Software Engineer based in Minsk, Belarus who will report to the Executive Director of Software Development for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution.
As Principal Software Engineer, you are skilled in executing multiple programming languages and techniques across framework, API, and persistence layers by strategically deploying the right tool for the right job to address fast-paced business requirements. You are hands-on and committed to actively engaging with a global, agile delivery team. You will present and communicate team status to the Technology leaders and Executive team. Ypu will also serve as mentor and coach to teammates and promote knowledge sharing and communication across product development teams.
- Eight (8) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 3 or more years of experience as a development lead in an agile environment.
- Ability to work with wide variety of programming languages with exceptional understanding of the core project language .Net Core.
- Real-world experience architecting and developing SaaS/PaaS applications using C# .Net Core
Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs.
Experience with NoSql design principles and WCS repositories such as Cassandra is highly desired.
Experience developing software for high volume data ingestion using technologies such as Storm, Kafka and Redis.
Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud native applications with several providers
Great communication skills
What we offer:
- Opportunity to build the Team
- Collaboration with great minds all over the company
- Enormous learning opportunities including internal and external resources
- Employee stock program
- Paid medical leave
- 6 days-off in a year
- Sport activities reimbursement
- 28 days of annual leave
- Health insurance for you and family members
- Business travel insurance